Skill addressed: Basic addition facts from 2-12
- One clean egg carton per student: each egg hole must be labeled with a number 2-12, with a * in the first box
- 12 jellybeans per student
- One pair of standard dice per pair
- Divide the class into pairs.
- Each pair will roll a die to see who goes first.
- The player with the lowest number begins.
- For each turn, the player rolls the dice and adds the two numbers together.
- The student has to find the section of his or her egg carton with that number and puts a jellybean in it. The * may be used for any number.
- For example, if a player rolls a 3 + 5, but already has a jellybean in the 8 space, she may put one in the * space.
- The next player rolls the dice, and does the same.
- Play continues until someone has a jellybean in every section of his or her egg carton.
- The first student to get a jellybean in each section wins the round.