Submitted by Doris
Tic-Tac-Toe Math Review Game
Solving Simplified Equations Using Order of Operations
Objective: Introduce solving simplified equations using order of operations.
Materials: Chalkboard/White board and chalk/markers
Players: 2 or more
- Objective of the game is to identify how to solve equations with different operations using the order of operations.
- When given equations having different operations tell which operation is first and solve the equation.
- First to raise their hand is able to answer. Once called upon the party has 45 seconds to answer.
- Each correct answer gets a square. If half of the answer is incorrect the other person is given an opportunity to answer and steal the square.
- First to get three in a row wins.
- Only require the solution to the equation to wins the square.
- Do not offer a chance to steal the square
- Complete game using two groups and allow the group to work together to answer the question. Each person in the group must answer at least once and make the game best of 3.
2 thoughts on “Tic-Tac-Toe Math Review Game”
Was so hoping you had the equations included, I have many but could always use more. This could make a great center activity. Compete against each other or against self by having to answer 3 in a row correctly to move on to next task. Thank you, I have used many of your activities as centers.
Sorry about not having the equations included 🙁
Please feel free to share what you have to help the next person out, if you want 🙂