30 Day Focus on Fractions
Starting August 1st – Ending August 31st!
When teachers are asked to name a mathematical concept that is often difficult for students to grasp, what do you think their answer is? One concept that always surfaces as a road block in mathematical development is fractions. The teaching of FRACTIONS is a major bottleneck in mathematics education that can really slow students down. If they don’t grasp fractions, it can hinder their learning of future concepts.
So, how can we help our students to have a deeper understanding of fractions? Join in, contribute your thoughts and learn together with us, for 30 days.
As you may know I love games (I’ll be highlighting many games throughout these 30 days), and with most games there is a “Prize” or reward for playing. Check out the grand prize highlighted on the right and there will also be daily prizes too (read below for more details).
- Improvement of teaching practices in the classroom by targeting ONE mathematical concept at a time TOGETHER for one month every day.
- Move from isolation to collaboration in mastering teaching (math) one concept at a time. What do we need to focus on to improve the teaching of fractions in math education?
- Mastery of fractions is a predictor of students’ later success in algebra and other higher level mathematics, therefore more effective instruction is necessary for learning success.
Join me as we work together to improve mathematics education!
30 Day Challenge + Giveaway(s)
STEP ONE – I will be posting daily Facebook status updates that include ideas for teaching fractions (activities, games, strategies….).
- Daily Winners! Simply “comment” and “like” each Facebook Update to be entered to win a daily prize (games, activities, posters and more…)
- Commenting is where the collaboration occurs, and hopefully where the real “good stuff” is!
- Each update will have a winner…That’s over 30 prizes you could win easily! prize! That’s over 30 Prizes!!!
- Have a great fraction idea to share? Want to contribute a FB Update (guest post) and share your expertise?? Collaboration is the key to successful teaching, so share your own great ideas! click here for more information
- All guest posts will be published on my Facebook Timeline and also on my blog.
- Also, there is a possibility that your guest post will be included in our printed newsletter that goes out to teachers everywhere!
- The more you share, the more chances you have to win!
STEP THREE – This September, when all the students are back in school, simply try and utilizing the ideas generated on Facebook!.
Let’s help our students grasp and master this important mathematical skill that will set a successful learning tone to last the entire school year. When he competition ends, let’s reflect and share experiences on Facebook…Which strategies worked the best?
Read the competition rules here.
The Grand Prize Winner ($240 value)
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the administrators of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
Follow MathFileFolderGames’s board Fractions on Pinterest.//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js